This policy applies to your use of the Youdo mobile application software (App) once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. This App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Important information and who we are
Youdo Play Limited is the controller (as is your relevant employer) and we are both responsible in different ways for your personal data (collectively referred to as, "we", "us" or "our" in this policy). This policy deals with only personal data for which we would be deemed to be a data controller under the relevant legislation.
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Youdo Play Limited (company number: 12187361)
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postal address: Heritage House Murton Way, Osbaldwick, York, North Yorkshire, England, YO19 5UW
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK regulator for data protection issues.
This version was last updated on 04/02/21. It may change and if it does, these changes will be notified to you by email or when you next start the App. The new policy may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept the changes to continue your use of the App.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during our relationship with you.
The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
• Identity Data: first name, last name, username or similar identifier and email address (depending on what you provide when you create an account).
• Content Data: includes information that you upload to the App, including photos or other digital content and your activity history.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Please do not disclose any Special Categories of Personal Data about you on the App. The App is not monitored.
How is your personal data collected?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us. This is information (including Identity and Contact Data) you consent to giving us about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with us (for example, by email or chat). It includes information you provide when you register to use the App, and when you report a problem with an App, or contact us in any way. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
• Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you use the App an authentication token is used, which means that the App recognises that you are you, and there is no requirement for a password.
• Information we receive from other sources including third parties and publicly available sources. We will receive personal data about you from your employer.
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to do so.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
|Purpose / Activity||Type of Data||Lawful basis for processing|
|To install the App and register you as a new App user||Identity|
|To manage our relationship with you including notifying you of changes to the App||Identity|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (or your employers) (to keep records updated and to analyse how our App is used)|
Necessary to comply with legal obligations (to inform you of any changes to our terms and conditions)
|To administer and protect our business and this App including troubleshooting, data analysis and system testing||Identity|
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security)|
Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with the following:
• Service providers acting as processors based in Croatia and Boston who provide support for the App to us.
• Professional advisers acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the UK who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the UK who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator when we are legally required to do so.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request by contacting us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data.
In some circumstances we will anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Your legal rights
You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
(a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
(b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
(c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
(d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.